assessment and Recommendations, Workshops and Training, Consultation and Guidance
The role of a Substance Abuse Professional (SAP) is to assess any worker who has tested positive on a drug or alcohol test, post incident or near miss accident, has presented to work unfit for duty due to the effects of substance use or self-disclosed struggles with substance use. We assist employers, employees and unions chart a productive path forward by:
- Providing comprehensive substance use assessment and consultation using standardized tools and procedures, and
- Developing a clinical impression regarding the degree of substance misuse and recommendations regarding most appropriate treatment options
2BSURE SAPs determine which of the following categories best describes the use of each individual assessed:
- Recreational use/No substance abuse
- Mild substance abuse
- Moderate substance abuse
- Severe substance abuse (meets criteria for SUD)
2BSURE SAPs provide recommendations for next steps towards the most appropriate interventions. This assist employers to ensure employees are safe to return to full work duties. This framework allows employers to balance accommodation with protecting workplace safety. Further, it assists employers in demonstrating due process, protects productivity, limits liability and/or grievances, and presents more legal options for discipline should employees not comply.
Current, dynamic, engaging, expert training with practical scenarios tailored to specific company/industry, facilitated by DOT qualified SAP with extensive experience in RTD processes. Learn the signs, symptoms, behaviors of substance misuse and the associated withdrawal symptoms. Learn how to identify “reasonable suspicion” and gold standard process to manage these situations. Developed for supervisors, management, HR, safety professionals, foreman & lead hands (approx. 3hrs – individual “wallet-sized” training completion cards, a company certificate, and PDF training copy all provided)
“All things Cannabis” Learn everything you need to know about the complexities of Cannabis in this fun and engaging workshop facilitated by an addiction specialist with his unique combination of academic research, knowledge and personal experience. (approx. 2 hrs. – for anyone)
Learn everything you need to know about “crystal meth” and stimulants as problematic use is skyrocketing in Sk. and making its way into workplaces more frequently than ever. (approx. 2 hrs. – for anyone)
Learn some basic and/or advanced practical skills and approaches to better handle sticky situations, and more effectively help individuals towards making positive behavioral changes. Training is led by a qualified trainer with extensive experience using MI with substance dependent individuals. (3hr basic or 6 hr advanced workshops available – for anyone)
- In the workplace, the problems of substance abusing individuals become a threat to safety and productivity. Substance misuse increases risks of accident and injury, lowers productivity; raises insurance costs, and reduces profits. 2BSURE can help: Employers, Human Resource & OH&S professionals, Unions, Lawyers, Physicians, and MRO’s.
- As an employer, HR or OH&S professional, you may be unsure about what steps to take when you discover one of your employees has been misusing alcohol, drugs or prescription medication.
- As a union representative, you may need reassurance that a union member hasn’t been wrongly disciplined or terminated.
- As a lawyer you may require more detailed information.
2BSURE can help with policy and process development and all your training or education needs.
Our dedicated, caring and compassionate team will work closely with you and your support teams and to tailor our services to help achieve your goals.
Whether we are building a company safety training program, providing guidance on policies or working directly with employees to help ensure a safe and productive workspace, our consultants lead with their passion for helping people.
SAFETY, QUALITY, INTEGRITY, EXPERIENCE: 2BSURE
Looking for prompt, high quality expert help?
One to one addictions counselling (motivational interviewing, brief solution-focused therapy, detailed recovery concepts, and individually tailored sobriety plans and strategies)
- Training on “Recovery Informed” workplaces and increasing recovery capital
- Assisting in defining levels of accommodation
- Liaising with medical and other recovery-oriented professionals
- Information on services available both public and private (detox, outpatient programming, inpatient residential treatment, 12-step meetings, aftercare, etc.)
- Referral and system navigation services
- Professional consultation